2012 CineStory Retreat runs September 28th-October 2nd
CineStory thanks Langtry Estate & Vineyard for its generous support of the 2012 Writers Retreat.
What's in a Retreat?
The CineStory Writer's Retreat takes place over four days in the beautiful mountains of Idyllwild, California. Attendees receive three 90-minute one-on-one sessions with CineStory mentors. During these meetings they can discuss everything from the script(s) they submitted for feedback, to jump-starting their writing careers.
When not meeting in one-on-one sessions, writers participate in "informal rooms." These are interactive sessions with panels of 2-3 mentors, which cover such topics as pitching like a pro to the state of filmmaking in the digital age. In addition, mentors and writers gather for meals, drinks, film screenings and other special events.
Past Retreat Mentors include:
- Mark Fergus (writer/director, COWBOYS & ALIENS, IRON MAN, CHILDREN OF MEN)
- Keith Gordon (writer/director, DEXTER, WAKING THE DEAD)
- Joe Forte (writer/director, FIREWALL, OUT)
- Philip Eisner (writer/director, EVENT HORIZON, MUTANT CHRONICALS)
- Glenn Gers (writer/director, FRACTURE, MAD MONEY, DISFIGURED)
- Bruce McKenna (writer/producer, BAND OF BROTHERS, THE PACIFIC)
- Barri Evins (producer, BE MOVIES)
- David Baird (manager)
- Monica Chuo (producer/manager, NOUS IDEA)
- Lisa Callamaro (agent, THE CALLAMARO AGENCY)
- Michelle Sy (producer, STOLEN SUMMER, FINDING NEVERLAND)
- Amy Salko Robertson (producer, THE OH IN OHIO, WHEN DO WE EAT?)
- Meg LeFauve (writer/producer, FLORA PLUM, THE DANGEROUS LIVES OF ALTAR BOYS, THE BABY DANCE)
- Andy Cohen (manager/producer, GRADE A ENTERTAINMENT)
- Navid McIlhargey (studio executive/producer, LOGAN'S RUN, ROCKNROLLA, PETER PAN)
- Shelia Hannahan Taylor (producer, FINAL DESTINATION 2, THE FINAL DESTINATION, REPLI-KATE)
- Julie Lynn (producer, ALBERT NOBBS, MOTHER AND CHILD, WIT, 10 ITEMS OR LESS, THE JANE AUSTEN BOOK CLUB)